Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Back to Life: a Review

Before I begin my post about this book, let me first apologize to the author. I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to finish reading this book. I started it back in the fall of last year. But then I got so busy with school work and being a mother that I had to put it aside. But since I am officially out of school, I finally got the chance to pick it back up (and I then had trouble putting it down!)


Back to Life (Book One of the Zombie Apocalypse series)
By Kevin Jade Lowe
(There is no current cover as what I read was actually a manuscript)

It's going to be hard for me to summarize this book without giving away too many details so I will quote the author's summary:
The lives of three young men get turned upside down as they and their friends may be the only ones capable of knowing how to stop the outbreak of a virus that is bringing their loved ones back from the dead to feed on the flesh of the living.

Before I begin my review, let me just say that zombies are not my thing. I don't usually particularly care for anything involving zombies. Every zombie story seems to have the same old boring "oh no, the people in our town are infected with something and now they're trying to kill us. we should run" storyline. But not this one. This one is different.

It was an excellent read. It was very entertaining. It had just the right amount of pull on all of my emotions. Happiness, sadness, frustration, horror. They were all there.

I strongly recommend this book to anyone who likes zombie books and movies. And I even recommend it to those who don't care so much for zombies but like the horror/suspense genre. And, not to give anything away, but the ending will definitely leave you anxious for the sequel!

No comments: