Thursday, November 17, 2016

Reverse Hair Washing - Day 1

Before I start off with the main topic of this post, let me just say that wow! It's been nearly 3 years since I posted anything here. Man how time flies! To those of you who really enjoyed my blog posts before: I'm sorry. I simply got busy. And I won't lie, I kind of forgot about it. But now I've remembered and I'll try to do better. Now that that's out of the way, on to the subject at hand!

So the other day I was scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed and I found a post about reverse hair washing. The post was geared toward girls with thinner, more oily, and flatter hair. It claimed that if you condition your hair BEFORE you shampoo it, your hair will come out looking fuller and less oily. I have always struggled with the issue of needing conditioner in order to simply brush my hair after washing but then looking like an oily mess after conditioning. So, tonight I decided to give it a try.

I've always had the problem of having oily, lifeless hair.
Exhibit A:
After trying the reverse hair washing method just once I can see a difference. 
Exhibit B:
(Ignore the color difference, please and focus on the fullness/oiliness)
That's a pretty big difference. 

I realize that before I make any real decisions I need to give this a try for about a week or so but here's my pros and cons of the reverse hair washing method after the first try. (And I'll try to make another post after the first week to tell you if anything has changed). 

Pros:


  1. My hair is noticeably fuller and less oily. 
  2. My hair actually feels lighter weight. (possibly due to the fact that conditioner residue weighs hair down). 
  3. It's convenient. I didn't have to go buy all kinds of special, expensive products. I simply used my regular shampoo and conditioner. (For those who are wondering I use L'Oreal color vibrance)   
Cons: 

  1. My hair was harder to brush after showering. (Though not nearly as bad as if I hadn't conditioned at all). This leads me to believe that it will also be more prone to tangles.
A couple more notes that I can't really place as cons:

  1. My hair takes a ridiculous amount of time to blow dry and I was hoping this would speed it up somehow, but it did not. 
  2. My hair is not quite as soft as it before but it's still pretty soft. 

So that's it for now. Stay tuned next week and I'll tell you what I think after trying it for a whole week...that is provided I remember!



No comments: